Hey, my name is David Abraham Jeremiah Snusgrop and I flog horses wherever I go.
Last week I made this post about Michael Azerrad's Our Band Could Be Your Life. Go read it, I'm not going over it again. After making that post I had to go back and re-read the book, and sure enough I couldn't stop myself from making yet another compilation, one specifically based on the book.
I literally couldn't stop myself. Am I autistic?
Two tracks from each band featured in the book, in the order in which the appear in said book. I'm not the first person to do this, just the best.
I'm so fucking awesome.
(zip) V/A - Our Band Could Be Your Life (93 mb)
1. Black Flag - American waste (1981)
2. Black Flag - Drinking and driving (live, 1985)
3. Minutemen - Search (1981)
4. Minutemen - Case closed (1982)
5. Mission of Burma - Outlaw (1981)
6. Mission of Burma - That's how I escaped my certain fate (1982)
7. Minor Threat - Seeing red (1981)
8. Minor Threat - Screaming at a wall (1981)
9. Hüsker Dü - Afraid of being wrong (1983)
10. Hüsker Dü - Broken home, broken heart (1984)
11. The Replacements - Careless (1981)
12. The Replacements - Stuck in the middle (1982)
13. Sonic Youth - Death valley '69 (1985)
14. Sonic Youth - Star power (1986)
15. Butthole Surfers - Human cannonball (1987)
16. Butthole Surfers - Julio Iglesias (1988)
17. Big Black - Stinking drunk (1986)
18. Big Black - L Dopa (1987)
19. Dinosaur Jr. - Repulsion (1985)
20. Dinosaur Jr. - Little fury things (1987)
21. Fugazi - Bad mouth (1988)
22. Fugazi - Margin walker (1989)
23. Mudhoney - Flat out fucked (1989)
24. Mudhoney - Burn it clean (1989)
25. Beat Happening - Foggy eyes (1985)
26. Beat Happening - Hangman (1988)
Buy the music.
Buy the book.